This system security technician sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Description: System Security Technician
System Security Technician Job Purpose: Protects computer assets by establishing and documenting access; maintaining files.
System Security Technician Job Duties:
- Establishes system access by issuing IDs; coaching client on password construction and usage.
- Documents access by logging, sorting, counting, and filing requests, recording terminations and transfers.
- Monitors access by looking-up ID status; verifying owner identity.
- Maintains security files by receiving, processing, and filing computer security forms; documents, and agreements.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Information Security Policies, Network Security, Firewall Administration, Statistical Analysis, Reporting Research Results, Attention to Detail, Organization, System Administration, On-Call, Network Protocols, Routers, Hubs, and Switches
Read more about how to interview: