This system security analyst sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Description: System Security Analyst
System Security Analyst Job Purpose: Protects computer assets by establishing and enforcing system access controls; maintaining disaster preparedness.
System Security Analyst Job Duties:
- Establishes system controls by developing framework for controls and levels of access; recommending improvements.
- Maintains access by providing information, resources, and technical support.
- Ensures authorized access by investigating improper access; revoking access; reporting violations; monitoring information requests by new programming; recommending improvements.
- Establishes computer and terminal physical security by developing standards, policies, and procedures; coordinating with facilities security; recommending improvements.
- Safeguards computer files by performing regular backups; developing procedures for source code management and disaster preparedness; recommending improvements.
- Develops security awareness by providing orientation, educational programs, and on-going communication.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Information Security Policies, Informing Others, System Administration, Network Security, Firewall Administration, Problem Solving, Process Improvement, Project Management, On-Call, Network Protocols, Routers, Hubs, and Switches
Learn more about how the hiring process: