This senior programmer analyst - consulting sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Description: Sr. Programmer Analyst - Consulting
Sr. Programmer Analyst - Consulting Job Purpose: Solves client information requirements by planning and accomplishing project requirements; optimizing solutions; verifying results; preparing analyst/programmers.
Sr. Programmer Analyst - Consulting Job Duties:
- Accomplishes project requirements by coaching analyst/programmers; communicating project status to client.
- Meets information standards by following production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identifying work process improvements; implementing new technology
- Plans projects by analyzing and confirming client requirements; studying system capabilities; completing feasibility study.
- Optimizes solutions by confirming workflow diagram; evaluating alternative solutions; writing programs.
- Verifies results by completing tests; obtaining client approval.
- Secures information by designing access controls.
- Prepares clients to use system by conducting training; providing resources; answering questions; resolving problems.
- Provides system reference by writing documentation.
- Maintains data dictionary by revising and entering definitions.
- Prepares programmer/analysts by providing educational opportunities.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: General Consulting Skills, Software Design, Software Debugging, Software Documentation, Software Testing, Software Maintenance, Software Performance Tuning, Software Architecture, Coaching, Software Development Process, Software Requirements
Learn more about how to hire: