This senior data integration developer sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Description: Sr. Data Integration Developer
Sr. Data Integration Developer Job Purpose: Supports data warehouse performance by planning and delivering data integrations; mentoring team members.
Sr. Data Integration Developer Job Duties:
- Enhances data integration team accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of solutions; answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaching improved processes; mentoring team members.
- Studies data sources by interviewing users; defining, analyzing, and validating data objects; identifying the relationship among data objects.
- Plans data integration process by developing common definitions of sourced data; designing common keys in physical data structure; establishing data integration specifications; examining data applications; examining data models and data warehouse schema; determining best-fit data interchange methods; assessing middleware tools for data integration, transformation, and routing; developing project scope and specifications; identifying factors that negatively impact integration; forecasting resource requirements; establishing delivery timetables.
- Delivers data integration by implementing shared databases; integrating data shared across legacy, new development, and purchased package environments; developing system modification specifications; mapping data; establishing interfaces; developing and modifying functions, programs, routines, and stored procedures to export, transform, and load data; meeting performance parameters; resolving and escalating integration issues; coordinating actions among users, operations staff, and outside vendors; recommending adjustments as objectives change; documenting operational procedures and data connections.
- Validates data integration by developing and executing test plans and scenarios including data design, tool design, data extract/transform, networks, and hardware.
- Maintains data warehouse performance by identifying and resolving data conflicts; upgrading data definitions;
- Improves data integration by designing and evaluating new data interchange formats; improving physical design; rewriting data policy, standards, and procedures;
- Maintains team accomplishments by communicating essential information; coordinating actions; obtaining expert input; reviewing open issues and action items; contributing information to team meetings and reports; transferring knowledge of data integration process, techniques, and issues to application and support teams.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking ETL strategies and technologies; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills/Qualifications: Ad Hoc Reporting, Requirements Analysis, Analyzing Information , Database Management, Operating Systems, Innovation, Verbal Communication, General Consulting Skills, Data Conversion, Data Modeling, Initiative
Learn more about how to hire: