This security advisor sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Description: Security Advisor
Security Advisor Job Purpose: Ensures the security of employees, capital assets, and proprietary information of the organization by providing strategic direction, tactical management, emergency planning, and disaster recovery strategies.
Security Advisor Job Duties:
- Secures the organization and its people by maintaining an intelligence network; designing and implementing policies and strategies of organization security (including internal investigations); safeguarding executives, Board of Directors, and their immediate families from random or premeditated threats; preventing workplace violence; implementing and securing technological protection systems, proprietary information protection, and computer security; providing crisis management; maintaining environmental health and safety.
- Determines executive protection requirements by gathering and reviewing pre-planning travel intelligence information; issuing travel advisories; modifying travel itineraries; making travel security arrangements, including guards, secure accommodations, and security-equipped transportation.
- Develops new security programs by strategically reviewing existing security programs; conducting comprehensive studies of present and anticipated threats; evaluating, analyzing, and continuously reviewing collection activity results on potential threats against the organization.
- Provides protection of organization assets, capital assets, and proprietary assets by providing consulting support; building consensus on the appropriateness and timeliness of physical and electronic monitoring improvements or enhancements; developing and implementing changes.
- Provides crisis management team and disaster management team leadership by providing state-of-the art expertise; collecting, analyzing, and summarizing intelligence data and trends; developing cutting-edge strategies.
- Maintains protection systems by developing and refining philosophy and design standards relating to protection systems (burglar, fire, and duress alarms and video coverage); re-defining procedures (international and domestic travel, kidnap, ransom, event security); examining organization security emergency response systems; reviewing building design (construction, modifications, walls, fences, and landscape); making recommendations for physical plant security improvements.
- Provides information by reviewing, developing, and continually refining security operation's operational manuals and procedures; briefing executives and managers on security-related issues.
- Secures information systems by dealing with electronic threats and vulnerabilities, privacy issues, physical security, and operations continuity; applying security forensic technologies; monitoring network and systems management processes; maintaining security platforms with certification authority, and state-of-the-art security management products, tools, and offerings.
- Updates job knowledge by maintaining "expert" status in the security industry; applying state-of-the art security measures; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; being sought as an authority to contribute to the security industry body of knowledge; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization security reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments; keeping the organization and its people out of harm's way. ments.
Skills/Qualifications: Client Relationships, Intruder Detection, Information Security Policies, Building Relationships, Verbal Communication, Informing Others, Functional and Technical Skills, Integrity and Trust, Attention to Detail, Reporting Skills, Scheduling
Find out more about writing a job description: