This sales engineering support manager sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Description: Sales Engineering Support Manager
Sales Engineering Support Manager Job Purpose: Serves customers by installing, maintaining, and upgrading systems; managing staff.
Sales Engineering Support Manager Job Duties:
- Accomplishes sales support engineering human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieves sales engineering support operational objectives by contributing sales engineering support information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining sales engineering support system improvements; implementing change.
- Meets sales engineering support financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Schedules installations by studying sales orders and specifications; determining engineering applications.
- Approves installations by completing tests; evaluating performance..
- Upgrades installations by identifying current installation specifications; determining applicable upgrades.
- Maintains installations by maintaining service contracts; scheduling preventive maintenance checks; responding to breakdowns.
- Establishes installation and service capability by determining location of engineers, technicians, repair and supply facilities.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes sales engineering support and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Technical Management, Technical Understanding, Developing Standards, Management Proficiency, Managing Processes, General Consulting Skills, Client Relationships, Product Knowledge, Selling to Customer Needs, Hiring, Technical Leadership
Learn more about how to interview: