This respiratory therapy services director sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Description: Respiratory Therapy Services Director
Respiratory Therapy Services Director Job Purpose: Provides respiratory therapy services by educating physicians and nurses; coaching respiratory students; conducting research; completing projects; educating the community; directing staff.
Respiratory Therapy Services Director Job Duties:
- Accomplishes respiratory therapy services human resource strategies by determining accountabilities; communicating and enforcing values, policies, and procedures; implementing recruitment, selection, orientation, training, coaching, counseling, disciplinary, and communication programs; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation strategies.
- Develops respiratory therapy services organizational strategies by contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Establishes respiratory therapy services operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
- Develops respiratory therapy services financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Prepares housestaff and nursing personnel by providing workshops on critical care medicine; observing participants' performance; developing housestaff and nursing orientation to respiratory care.
- Prepares respiratory therapy students for job responsibilities by providing educational opportunities; coordinating clinical rotations; observing student intern performance; recommending additional reading and practical learning opportunities.
- Completes clinical research on respiratory modalities in critical and non-critical care areas by monitoring protocols; helping staff evaluate protocols; analyzing results.
- Completes internal/external projects by serving on medical staff committees; serving on task force groups and committees; identifying and implementing new technology and resources; redesigning systems; re-deploying human resources.
- Maintains legal and accreditation compliance by developing policy positions concerning federal, state, and local regulations, and jacho standards; anticipating emerging issues.
- Updates respiratory therapy job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances respiratory therapy services and hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills/Qualifications: Research Skills, Physiological Knowledge, Clinical Skills, Legal Compliance, Project Management, Self-Development, Respiratory Technology, Financial Planning and Strategy, Management Proficiency, Bedside Manner, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment
Read more about how the hiring process: