This respiratory care supervisor sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Description: Respiratory Care Supervisor
Respiratory Care Supervisor Job Purpose: Provides respiratory care services by monitoring patients' conditions; keeping members of the health care team informed; providing life-sustaining services; educating the community; supervising staff.
Respiratory Care Supervisor Job Duties:
- Accomplishes respiratory therapy human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
- Meets respiratory therapy operational standards by contributing information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying system improvements.
- Meets respiratory therapy financial standards by providing annual budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Keeps members of the health care team apprised of patients' conditions by presenting respiratory treatment plans to physicians; gaining approval; rendering treatments; evaluating results.
- Reports the activities of the department and staff by identifying, collecting, and reporting relevant statistical data.
- Provides life-saving therapies by responding to code alerts; participating as a member of the
- Educates the community by participating in health-education projects.
- Maintains safe operation of respiratory care services equipment by adhering to governmental and hospital safety regulations; evaluating new equipment and techniques; maintaining inventory of equipment; providing regular preventive maintenance; making adjustments to equipment; troubleshooting malfunctions; arranging for repairs.
- Monitors quality of care by conducting weekly patient auditing and interviews; observing staff; tracking key indicators; analyzing quality assurance summary reports; participating on quality assurance committee.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Updates respiratory therapy job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Maintains legal and accreditation compliance by developing policy positions concerning federal, state, and local regulations, and jacho standards; anticipating emerging issues.
- Enhances respiratory therapy department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills/Qualifications: Statistical Analysis, Informing Others, Tracking Budget Expenses, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Supervision, Respiratory Technology, Medical Teamwork, Quality Management, Bedside Manner, People Skills
Find out more about how the hiring process: