This programmer-entry level sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Description: Programmer - Entry Level
Programmer - Entry Level Job Purpose: Prepares computer programs by translating specifications into code; unit testing code.
Programmer - Entry Level Job Duties:
- Plans program by studying specifications.
- Arranges specifications by developing logical sequence; preparing flowcharts; researching solutions.
- Encodes specifications by converting logical sequence and workflow into program language.
- Verifies encoding by performing trial runs; modifying code.
- Prepares program reference by documenting control language.
- Advances job knowledge to next level by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Accomplishes department and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: C, Analyzing Information , Problem Solving, Persistence, Software Performance Tuning, Attention to Detail, Software Development Fundamentals, Software Documentation, Technical Zeal, Independence, Thoroughness
Find out more about writing a job description: