This peoplesoft architect sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Description: PeopleSoft Architect
PeopleSoft Architect Job Purpose: Improves business processes and efficiency by developing ERP strategies; engineering, re-engineering, and implementing business, operations, and PeopleSoft systems; validating system performance.
PeopleSoft Architect Job Duties:
- Develops ERP strategy by identifying key business and operations drivers regarding growth, profitability, and product and service development; diagnosing and mapping current work processes; establishing integrated core business and operations objectives for marketing, sales, customer service, order fulfillment, manufacturing, supply chain, finance, and human resources functions; determining project scope; uniting senior management behind goals; conducting and analyzing cost vs. benefits and risk analyses; re-engineering work processes; recommending project approaches; planning full project life cycle.
- Establishes global ERP architecture by integrating ERP solutions across functional lines; determining functional layers; establishing partner collaborations; translating ERP needs into PeopleSoft solutions including computer platform, database, networking, systems integration, failsafe, disaster recovery, and security; recommending best-fit and best-breed architectures.
- Deploys ERP architecture by recommending hardware and software solutions (programming, configuring, uploading, downloading, monitoring, controlling, diagnosing, and documenting), tools, and utilities; preparing workflow and business rules including triggers, alerts, procedures, and integration standards; preparing development guidelines; planning and building a data warehouse; building components and custom designs; designing and testing simulations; completing data migration; planning upgradeability; documenting system; resolving problems.
- Validates ERP system performance by defining metrics to measure business and operations systems success; developing and conducting tests of system integration, functional layers, and entire system; fixing problems.
- Maintains project team accomplishments by establishing and monitoring milestones; communicating essential information; coordinating actions; obtaining expert input; reviewing open issues and action items; contributing information to team meetings and reports.
- Manages customer relationship by providing support; communicating ERP standards and infrastructure; answering questions; resolving concerns and issues.
- Prepares clients to use ERP infrastructure by analyzing business and operations changes; re-defining new responsibilities and actions; developing and conducting training and re-training programs.
- Increases organization effectiveness by identifying opportunities to leverage solutions to other engagements.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking ERP applications; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills/Qualifications: Peoplesoft HRMS, Peoplesoft Financials, Software Development Process, PeopleSoft Implementation Skills, PeopleSoft Architecture Skills, Managing Processes, Network Performance Tuning, Requirements Analysis, Network Maintenance, ERP Implementation , Presenting Technical Information
Find out more about how the hiring process: