This patient supplies manager sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Description: Patient Supplies Manager
Patient Supplies Manager Job Purpose: Delivers patient care supplies by planning, organizing, and evaluating the inventorying and delivery of patient care supplies; managing staff.
Patient Supplies Manager Job Duties:
- Accomplishes patient supplies human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieves patient supplies operational objectives by contributing patient supplies information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining inventory and delivery system improvements; implementing change.
- Meets patient supplies financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Provides linens by evaluating and contracting with laundry service; auditing results and adherence to procedures.
- Delivers patient care supplies to patient care areas by examining requirements with service areas; determining required inventory levels; scheduling and implementing deliveries.
- Charges patients for supplies used by identifying chargeable items; capturing supplies usage; auditing results of charging system.
- Keeps supplies ready by developing an inventory system; inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Maintains disaster preparedness by planning alternative supply delivery approaches; auditing preparedness.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes distribution and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Organization, Planning, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Supply Management, Human Resources Management, Training Management, Process Improvement, Tracking Budget Expenses, Hospital Environment, Coordination, Bedside Manner
Learn more about how to hire: