This operations engineer sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Description: Operations Engineer
Operations Engineer Job Purpose: Supports plant operations by identifying and solving operational problems.
Operations Engineer Job Duties:
- Identifies operational problems by observing and studying system functioning and performance results; investigating complaints and suggestions; interviewing process supervisors and operators; completing troubleshooting procedures.
- Identifies operational priorities by assessing operational objectives; determining project objectives, such as, efficiency, cost savings, energy conservation, operator convenience, safety, environmental quality; estimating relevance, time, and costs.
- Develops operational solutions by defining, studying, estimating, and screening alternative solutions; calculating economics; determining impact on total system.
- Anticipates operational problems by studying operating targets, modes of operation, unit limitations; monitoring unit performance.
- Improves operational quality results by studying, evaluating, and recommending process re-design; implementing changes; contributing information and opinion to unit design and modification teams.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Provides operational management information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing operating and engineering data and trends.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Operations Research, Safety Management, Reporting Skills, Manufacturing Control Planning, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Manufacturing Quality, Supply Management, Analyzing Information , Technical Understanding, Innovation, Quality Focus
Read more about the recruiting process: