This mail and billing clerk-hospital sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Description: Mail and Billing Clerk - Hospital
Mail and Billing Clerk - Hospital Job Purpose: Supports hospital communication and billing operations by receiving mail, notices, and memoranda; processing patient bills; maintaining central photocopying services.
Mail and Billing Clerk - Hospital Job Duties:
- Forwards information to hospital departments by sorting and distributing external mail and internal memoranda.
- Processes patient billings and statements by gathering information from accounts receivable; sorting and folding using inserting machine; weighing and affixing postage; delivering to mail pick-up point..
- Provides photocopying services by picking up information from hospital departments; processing, returning, delivering, or preparing photocopies for mailing.
- Keeps inserting, postage, and photocopier equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Maintains quality results by following standards.
- Accomplishes department and hospital mission by completing related results as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Equipment Maintenance, Teamwork, Language Fluency, Energy Level, Productivity, Quality Focus, Self-Motivated, Organization, Time Management, Attendance, Attention to Detail
Learn more about how to hire: