This information specialist sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Description: Information Specialist
Information Specialist Job Purpose: Provides clients with information by designing methods to collect and retrieve data.
Information Specialist Job Duties:
- Identifies client requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual clients and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Collects data by identifying sources of information; designing survey and collection methods.
- Organizes information by studying, analyzing, interpreting, and classifying data.
- Resolves retrieval problems by altering design to meet requirements.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Prepares reference for users by writing operating instructions.
- Maintains historical records by documenting system changes and revisions.
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Establishes and revises database by conferring with analysts and programmers to code and retrieve data.
- Maintains database by entering data.
Skills/Qualifications: Technical Understanding, Process Improvement, Data Processing, Reporting Research Results, Networking Knowledge, Presenting Technical Information, Written Communication, Operating Systems, Reporting Skills, Client Relationships, Documentation Skills
Find out more about compensation: