This financial auditor sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Description: Financial Auditor
Financial Auditor Job Purpose: Protects assets by planning and completing financial audits; identifying inadequate, inefficient, or ineffective internal controls; recommending improvements.
Financial Auditor Job Duties:
- Plans financial audits by understanding organization objectives, structure, policies, processes, internal controls, and external regulations; identifying risk areas; preparing audit scope and objectives; preparing audit programs.
- Assesses compliance with financial regulations and controls by executing audit program steps; testing general ledger, account balances, balance sheets, income statements, and related financial statements; examining and analyzing records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
- Assesses risks and internal controls by identifying areas of non-compliance; evaluating manual and automated financial processes; identifying process weaknesses and inefficiencies and operational issues.
- Verifies assets and liabilities by comparing and analyzing items and collateral to documentation.
- Completes audit work papers and memoranda by documenting audit tests and findings.
- Communicates audit progress and findings by providing information in status meetings; highlighting unresolved issues; reviewing working papers; preparing final audit reports.
- Improves protection by recommending changes in management monitoring, assessment, and motivational practices, in the internal control structure, and in operating processes; identifying root causes.
- Supports external auditors by coordinating information requirements.
- Provides financial control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Protects organization's reputation by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Contributes to team results by welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to add value to the organization; helping others accomplish related job results as and where needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Audit, Financial Skills, Financial Diagnosis, Analyzing Information , Research Skills, Reporting Research Results, Verbal Communication, Integrity and Trust, Project Management, Attention to Detail, Objectivity
Learn more about how to hire: