This echocardiography technologist-technician sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Description: Echocardiography Technologist/Technician
Echocardiography Technologist - Technician Job Purpose: Produces images of heart muscle and functioning by setting-up ultrasound equipment; attaching electrodes to chest and equipment; operating and adjusting equipment; recording cardiac data and measurements; protecting and helping patients.
Echocardiography Technologist - Technician Job Duties:
- Prepares for examinations by checking equipment and inventorying and restocking supplies; reviewing patient schedules; reading physician orders for specific examinations; setting-up recording equipment; entering patient information into system.
- Reduces patient anxieties by explaining procedures; answering questions; providing assistance to examination table or treadmill.
- Prepares patients by positioning patient; spreading gels; attaching electrodes to chest and equipment; adjusting equipment controls; verifying wave signals.
- Obtains quality images by positioning and repositioning transducer; monitoring display screen; listening to signals; adjusting equipment for beam strength and focus; detecting artifacts that mimic abnormalities; recording images.
- Records examination information by printing graphics and data; calculating measurements of heart wall, chamber size, and blood flow direction and velocity; comparing measurements to norms.
- Protects patients by adhering to safety policies and protocols.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential; cautioning others regarding potential breaches.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills/Qualifications: OR Logistics, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Medical Teamwork, Emotional Control, Professionalism, Verbal Communication, Performing Diagnostic Procedures, Use of Medical Technologies, Radiologic Technology, Bedside Manner, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment
Find out more about social media recruiting: