This database architect sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Description: Database Architect
Database Architect Job Purpose: Maintains database by determining structural requirements; developing and installing solutions.
Database Architect Job Duties:
- Determines database structural requirements by analyzing client operations, applications, and programming; reviewing objectives with clients; evaluating current systems;
- Develops database solutions by designing proposed system; defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, security, back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Installs database systems by developing flowcharts; applying optimum access techniques; coordinating installation actions; documents actions.
- Maintains database performance by identifying and resolving production and application development problems; calculating optimum values for parameters; evaluating, integrating, and installing new releases; completing maintenance; answering user questions.
- Prepares users by conducting training.
- Provides database support by coding utilities, responding to user questions, and resolving problems.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Database Design, Data Maintenance, Database Security, Database Management, Requirements Analysis, Teamwork, Technical Zeal, Project Management, Presenting Technical Information, Training , Operating Systems
Read more about how the hiring process: