This compliance engineer sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Description: Compliance Engineer
Compliance Engineer Job Purpose: Attains product and engineering compliance by preventing compliance issues; developing and executing compliance programs; completing documentation.
Compliance Engineer Job Duties:
- Prevents compliance issues by collaborating with engineering planning and design teams; reviewing design data; identifying and resolving product and engineering design issues; identifying short-term and long-range issues; researching and identifying applicable regulatory and industry compliance standards and codes; developing compliance policies.
- Develops compliance plans by researching, analyzing, selecting, and applying compliance engineering concepts, approaches, techniques, and criteria; adapting and modifying compliance engineering options; developing and evaluating new compliance methodologies; qualifying vendors, components, and parts.
- Organizes compliance program by preparing timetables, cost estimates, and required resources including test laboratories and equipment.
- Determines compliance by establishing compliance test standards; conducting and witnessing tests; performing diagnostic procedures; measuring performance; analyzing and evaluating findings; performing forensic analysis of failures; troubleshooting failures; supervising sub-contractors.
- Attains compliance by isolating and resolving non-compliance issues; recommending product and process changes; initiating engineering change orders.
- Documents compliance by completing approval applications; recording test results; preparing investigative reports; preparing and filing Declarations of Conformity; maintaining compliance database.
- Maintains engineering team accomplishments by reviewing open issues and action items; coordinating actions; contributing information and analysis to team meetings and reports.
- Prepares compliance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing measurement data and trends.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging compliance engineering practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities and professional organizations; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Enhances engineering and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills/Qualifications: Packaging, Production Planning, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Manufacturing Quality, Organization, General Math Skills, Process Improvement, Strategic Planning, Verbal Communication, Attention to Detail, CAD
Learn more about how to hire: