This cardiology technician sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Description: Cardiology Technician
Cardiology Technician Job Purpose: Aids physicians in diagnosis and treatment of heart, lung, and blood vessel disorders by conducting non-invasive diagnostic tests of cardiovascular and pulmonary systems; maintaining equipment; recording test results.
Cardiology Technician Job Duties:
- Registers patients by confirming patient identification; reviewing consultation requests; checking for special instructions; consulting with the physician; entering anticipated services to patient log.
- Comforts patients and their families by answering questions; responding to requests; explaining equipment and testing procedures; instructing and assisting patient in assuming physical position for examination.
- Conducts electrocardiogram, phonocardiogram, echocardiogram, and stress tests by using electronic test equipment, recording devices, and laboratory instruments.
- Helps physicians with cardiac cauterizations by operating multi-channel physiologic monitor; measuring and recording functions of cardiovascular and pulmonary systems of patient during cardiac cauterizations; alerting physicians to instrument readings outside normal ranges during the procedures; providing test results.
- Helps physicians with diagnosis of pulmonary disorders by conducting tests of pulmonary systems using spirometer and other respiratory testing equipment.
- Provides information by maintaining laboratory records, such as, examinations performed and findings; participating in research projects.
- Generates revenues by completing charge slips; forwarding to patient billing.
- Maintains cardiology and pulmonary equipment and supplies by cleaning and adjusting equipment; troubleshooting problems; performing preventive maintenance; reporting equipment malfunctions; arranging for repairs; maintaining supply inventory levels; completing and placing supply requisitions; restocking supply storeroom.
- Maintains quality results by following standards and procedures; submitting reports.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Serves and protects the health care facility by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and Joint Commission on Accreditation for Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) requirements.
- Enhances health care organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills/Qualifications: Procedural Skills, OR Logistics, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Medical Teamwork, Attention to Detail, Emotional Control, Professionalism, Verbal Communication, Performing Diagnostic Procedures, Use of Medical Technologies, Analyzing Information
Find out more about employee compensation: