This audiologist sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Audiologist Job Purpose: Provides diagnostic and therapeutic services by assessing and treating neonate, infant, children, adolescent, adult, and geriatric hearing, balance, and communication disorders.
Audiologist Job Duties:
- Defines patient hearing impairment and balance disorder by conferring with referring physician; selecting and administering electrophysiological and other relevant tests; operating diagnostic equipment; determining type and degree of hearing impairment and effects on comprehension and speech; interpreting audiometric diagnostic data; preparing written diagnostic reports.
- Provides treatments by cleaning ear canal; fitting hearing aides and other assistive devices; conducting auditory training and instruction in speech and lip reading; fitting and tuning cochlear plants; counseling patients and families; conducting programs in aural rehabilitation; guiding technical staff.
- Maintains patient records by recording and updating evaluations, changes, progress, and treatments.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes; participating in research programs; evaluating new equipment, devices, and techniques.
- Provides auditory evaluations and education by measuring and studying noise conditions; conducting hearing protection and hearing loss screening programs.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock; anticipating needs; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Maintains legal and accreditation compliance by adhering to federal, state, and local regulations, and professional standards.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking trends in new techniques and approaches; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills/Qualifications: Patient Services, Health Care Administration, People Skills, Thoroughness, Integrity, Informing Others, Listening, Customer Focus, Analyzing Information , Dealing with Complexity, Job Knowledge
Learn more and recruiting and hiring: