This admissions director - hospital sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Description: Admissions Director-Hospital
Admissions Director - Hospital Job Purpose: Admits patients by directing the admissions process; developing, implementing and maintaining revenue-generating strategies; determining and implementing admissions best-practices; promoting the hospital; maintaining a satisfied patient base.
Admissions Director - Hospital Job Duties:
- Accomplishes admissions human resource strategies by determining accountabilities; communicating and enforcing values, policies, and procedures; implementing recruitment, selection, orientation, training, coaching, counseling, disciplinary, and communication programs; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation strategies.
- Develops admissions organizational strategies by contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional admissions objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Establishes admissions operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; determining production, productivity, quality, and patient-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
- Develops admissions financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Maximizes revenues by identifying short-term and long-range patient-pay and third-party reimbursement issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to administrative deliberations; recommending options and courses of actions to Hospital Board; implementing directives.
- Enhances patient care delivery system by fostering admissions function interface with the nursing and professional staff, the emergency room, maternity, out-patient clinic registration, outpatient surgery, and other special care units; developing and implementing bed reservations, financial, reimbursement, and other supporting systems.
- Identifies current and future patient admissions requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and others in a position to understand service requirements.
- Serves and protects the hospital community by ensuring adherence to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; maintaining personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand current and future service requirements; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Accomplishes the hospital's goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills/Qualifications: Health Care Administration, Patient Services, FDA Health Regulations, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Strategic Planning, Process Improvement, Decision Making, Developing Budgets, Dependability, Quality Management
Learn more about how to hire: